The bottom panel of the Visual Designer is able to perform the following actions:
- Run a validation (if no validations have been run before)
- View validation results for the whole project and on selected resources
- View the effect your policy exceptions are having on this project
- 1.If no validations have been run before then there should be a button to run a validation in the bottom panel\
- 2.Click this button and remain on the page while the project is validated. This process takes under 30 seconds in most cases.
- 3.The bottom panel will automatically refresh with the results of this validation.
- 1.Upon loading the visual designer, the bottom panel will show the latest validation results if available. The results shown on page load are the aggregate of all issues across all resources in the project.
- 2.By selecting a resource, either from the left panel or designer grid, the displayed issues will be filtered to show just design gaps associated with that resource.
- 3.Expand or collapse issues to view the list of underlying violations that need to be addressed in order to address the overall issue.
- By default, the bottom panel will show Design Gaps on the project. These are determined to be the highest priority issues.
- Click any of the other pill buttons to change the filter to only show issues of the selected priority. Clicking on an already selected filter , you will remove the priority filter to see all issues at once. Click on Snoozed Issues to view issues that you have chosen to temporarily ignore.
- 1.Click on the shield icon to be prompted to create a policy exception for either just this project or across the organization.\
- 2.This will open up the policy exception creation screen where all the info for that design gap has been pre-filled. Edit parameters or just submit this form as-is here.