Set up AWS Integration
What you will need? You will need to be an administrator that can create an IAM role. oak9 will provide a CloudFormation stack that will create an IAM role with read-only access.
- 1.Select the integrations icon on the left hand panel
- 2.Select + Add Integration on the AWS card
- 3.Click the Create IAM role button, you will be redirected to AWS Console where you will need to log in with administrative permissions that enable you to create a new IAM role
oak9 add AWS Integration
On the quick create stack screen, you will need to acknowledge the notification from AWS in the blue notice box at the bottom of the page. If you do not, you will not be able to proceed.
- 4.Acknowledge notification & click "Create Stack" button, wait until the stack is done deploying
- 5.Once the stack has successfully deployed, go back to the oak9 console to finish the integration The ARN field will be automatically populated after the stack is created.
A completed AWS integration
And that’s it! oak9 should now be able to access the resources deployed on AWS.
If the automatic CloudFormation stack fails you can use the manual CloudFormation stack that creates the same IAM role but skips the callback to oak9 to complete the integration. Using this stack will require intervention from the user once the stack is created.
- 1.Click on the link under Step 1 to deploy the manual stack. Go through the same steps in the AWS console to deploy the stack.
- 2.Once the stack is done deploying, go to the 'Outputs' tab and copy the created IAM role's ARN.See figure
In the CloudFormation stack page the the access role's ARN can be copied
- 3.Go back to the oak9 console and paste the role's ARN in its appropriate field.See figure
- 4.Fill in the rest of the integration's details normally.